Sri Vinayaga College of Education is functioning in the same campus in which students of these three institutions are accommodated. There are separate hostel for Boys and Girls. The rooms are well furnished and facilities like Tube light, Night lamp, Fan, Cot, Shelf are provided. Coin telephone -booths are available in boys and girls hostels for the hostellers use.
The hostel administration is looked after by the Chairman with the supervision and control of Principals, Warden and Deputy Warden. Residential Lecturers are available for guidance and Counseling. A separate mess is functioning inside the hostel.
The Application Form for hostel admission can be obtained from the hostel office on producing the admission slip by the student. The applicant should meet the Warden with his /her Parent / Guardian and has to pay the hostel fees and caution deposit as prescribed by the hostel management. Parent / Guardian’s presence is compulsory at the time of hostel admission.
Healthy, nutritive and delicious Vegetarian food with egg is provided in the hostel mess. Mess menu will be finalized according to the convenience of the administration after receiving suggestions from students. Students are advised not to waste the food items.
The Residents of the hostel are informed that the following is the mess timing to dine in the mess. Residents are not permitted to the dining hall other than dining hours.
- Breakfast : 7.30 AM – 8.45 AM | 7.30 AM – 9.15 AM (SUNDAY ONLY)
- Lunch : 12.30 PM – 1.45 PM
- Tea & Snacks : 4.45 PM – 5.45 PM
- Dinner : 7.30 PM – 8.45 PM
Study and Silence Hours
- Study and Silence Hours are from 9.00 PM to next morning 6.00 AM
- Residents should be available in their rooms during study and silence hours.
- Residents should keep their rooms open from 9.00 PM till the night Attendance is taken.
- Residents should remain in their rooms during the time of study and silence hours.
- Residents are not allowed to go out of the hostel during study and silence hours without prior permission.
- Water is supplied to the students round the clock for their use.
- Treated water is provided for their drinking purposes.
- Water Dr. Instruments are installed at both boys’ and girls’ hostels.
- Hostel Residents should follow the rules and regulations very strictly.
- Residents should maintain effectively the study and silence hours.
- Residents should always keep their Identity cards with them.
- Residents are responsible to keep their rooms clean and tidy & should co-operate to keep the premises clean and green. They are advised not to scribble on the walls, doors and windows.
- Consuming alcohol, Smoking and playing cards inside the campus are offence and strictly prohibited. Anyone neglecting this rule will be punished severely.
- Breakages and damages to hostel property will be penalized. The cost of repair or replacement of such damages will be recovered from the Residents.
- Residents are requested not to wear or keep ornaments or any other valuables with them. The management will not held any responsibility for the loss of any such items.
- Residents should not allow any day scholars or friends to their rooms knowingly or unknowingly.
- Residents are strictly advised not to take part in any Political or Anti-social activities.
- Residents should note that ‘Ragging’ is a criminal offence under Government law. Any attempt to tease or hurt other students will lead to in disciplinary action which may include expulsion from the hostel and from the institution without any consideration.
- Hostel accommodation will be provided based on good Conduct and character of the student in previous years. Warden may refuse hostel admission without mentioning any reason and his interpretation of the rules is final.
- Hotel Residents are allowed to go home only once in a month during the allotted weekly holidays.
- Permitted visitors alone are allowed to meet the Residents in girls hostel on weekend holidays provided they should have Visitor ID card issued by the Institution.
- Residents are permitted for going out off the campus for valid reasons alone after getting permission slip and should return before the permitted time.
- Unauthorized electrical fittings and gadgets should not be used in the hostel rooms.